- Over 150 crore people do not have access to clean, safe water.
- A five minute shower in an typical household will use more water than a person living in a developing world slum will use in a whole day.
- On average, women in Africa and Asia have to walk 3.7 miles to collect water.
- A child dies of water born diseases about every 15 seconds .
- In a typical year in Africa 5–10 times the number of people die from diarrhea than from war.
- A typical individual in the United States uses 500 litres of water each day.
- Over 1 billion people use less than 6 litres of water per day.
- As little as one dollar can provide clean water for a child in the developing world for an entire year.