Womn at Heaven

A woman finds herself outside the Swarg, where she is greeted by Chitragupta.



"Am I where I think I am?" she exclaims.  "It's so beautiful!  Did I really make it to heaven?"



To which Chitragupta replies, "Yes, my dear, these are the Gates to Heaven.  But you must do one thing before you can enter."



Very excited, the woman asks what she must do to pass through the gates.



"Spell a word," Chitragupta replies.



"What is it?" she asks.



"Any word at all," answers Chitragupta.  "It's your choice!"



The woman promptly replies, "The word I will spell is India. I-n-d-i-a."



Chitragupta congratulates her on her good fortune in making it into Heaven, and asks her if she will take his place at the gates for a moment while he goes to the bathroom.



"I'd be honoured," she says, "but what should I do if someone comes while you're gone?"



Chitragupta instructs her to require any newcomers to spell a word, just as she had done.  So the woman takes Chitragupta's chair and watches the beautiful angels soaring around her.  Suddenly, lo and behold, a man approaches the gates, and it is none other than her husband!



"What happened?" she cries.  "Why are you here?"



Her husband explains, "I was so upset when I left your funeral that I got into a fatal car accident.  So here I am, ready to join you in Heaven."



"Well not just yet," the woman replies.  "First you have to spell a word."



"What's the word?" he asks.



"Czechoslovakia."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write your comment here!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...